All American Burger With Portabello, Cheese & Bacon
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Crumbed Tapas Mushrooms With Romesco Aioli
Vietnamese Bánh mì With Pork & Mushroom Meatballs
- 8 slices streaky bacon (optional)
- 4 Meadows Large Portabello Mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt & pepper
- 4 slices tasty cheese
- 4 brioche (or hamburger) buns, halved
- 1 cos lettuce
- ½ red onion, cut into thin rounds
- 2 tomatoes, cut into thin rounds
- ½ cup sliced pickles
- BBQ sauce
- Ranch dressing
- American mustard
- Heat a frypan over medium heat and cook bacon in batches until golden. Set aside on a paper towel to drain. Wipe off any charred bits from the pan.
- Brush mushrooms with olive oil and generously season.
- In the same frypan cook mushrooms 4 minutes on one side, then turn and top with a cheese slice. Cook for another 4-5 minutes allowing cheese to melt. Set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean, then cook the buns cut-side down until they begin to colour.
- Assemble burgers with BBQ sauce and mustard on the bun base, topped with a mushroom, bacon, pickles and vegetables. Add ranch dressing to the top bun and serve immediately with a side of hand-cut fries.