Mini Mushroom Pies with Winter Pesto
Mushroom & Pork Pot Stickers with Chives
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 onions, halved and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 250g white Button ‘Pie’ Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ C cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Pkt Flaky Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1 egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 200oC
- Heat oil and butter and sauté onions, garlic, mushrooms and thyme.
- Add cream and zest and season to taste.
- Grease 10 muffin tins and line with a strip of baking paper to make removing the pies easy!
- Use a glass to cut 10 pastry rounds to line bases. Prick bases all over with a fork. Top with mushroom filling.
- Cut 10 lids with a smaller glass, brush edges with water and seal pies.
- Brush with egg and bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Lovely served with Winter Pesto and a leafy Winter Salad.