Al Brown's BBQ'd Fillet of Beef with Mushroom Brandy Sauce
Al Brown's BBQ'd Mushroom & Roasted Pumpkin Salad
Warm Mushroom, Spinach & Bacon Salad
- 500gms Meadow Swiss Brown or White Button Mushrooms (finely sliced)
- 1x 2.5KG Beef Fillet
- 50gms Butter
- 100gms Shallots (fine dice)
- 1 Tbl Garlic (fine dice)
- 2 Tbl Fresh Thyme (finely chopped)
- Pinch Chilli Flakes
- 1/3 Cup Brandy
- 2 Cups Cream
- 1 Tbl Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Parsley (finely chopped)
- Salt & Fresh Black Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- Turn BBQ on 3 different heat settings (High, Medium, Low).
- Trim any visible silver skin from fillet and halve for ease of handling.
- Season liberally with salt & pepper.
- Oil the fillet then sear on hot section of grill until golden all over.
- Finish cooking on the medium/low heat areas (approx 30 minutes depending whether or not you have a hooded BBQ).
- Rest beef off the heat for 10 minutes before slicing.
- While beef is cooking, heat a saucepan then add butter, shallots, garlic, thyme & chilli flakes.
- Cook down for 5 minutes stirring occasionally before adding mushrooms.
- Stir through & cook 10-15 minutes before adding brandy, followed by the cream & brown sugar.
- Turn heat to low and reduce sauce until slightly thickened.
- To serve, slice the beef to preferred thickness.
- Place on a warm platter or plates.
- Add the parsley to the sauce, spoon sauce over the meat over meat & enjoy.