Al Brown's Mushroom & Port Stuffed Chicken Thighs with Prosciutto
Al Brown's Mushroom, Kumara & Bacon Fritters
Al Brown's BBQ'd Mushroom & Roasted Pumpkin Salad
- 500gm Meadows Swiss Brown or White Button Mushrooms
- 100gm butter
- 100gm shallots (finely diced)
- 5 cloves fresh garlic (finely diced)
- 1 1/2 Tbl dried oregano
- 1/2 cup Port wine
- Sea salt & pepper
- 12 chicken thighs (boned and skinless)
- 12 Prosciutto pieces
- Place butter, shallots, garlic & oregano in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Sweat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Blitz mushrooms in a food processor until very fine.
- Add cooked-down shallot mix along with the wine.
- Cook at medium for 20 minutes more until mixture becomes a dry paste. Season remove & cool.
- When mixture is cold, spread the chicken thighs on work surface.
- Put about 2 tablespoons of mix in the centre of each thigh.
- Roll thighs over the mix then gently wrap a piece of prosciutto around each thigh.
- Refrigerate until required.
- To cook, heat BBQ, add a little oil to the plate & cook the thighs occasionally turning until cooked through (approx 20 minutes). Rest for a couple of minutes before slicing and serving.