'French' Mushroom Soup, au Gratin
Prep Time: 12
Cooking Time: 25
Beef & mushroom broth with poached egg & toasted buckwheat
Tender Beef, Mushroom and Ginger stir-fry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups sliced assorted fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, ground
- ¼ tsp pepper, ground
- 4 slices French bread, toasted (1-2cm thick)
- 150g Swiss cheese, grated or sliced
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large heavy saucepan heat oil over medium high heat; sauté mushrooms, onions and garlic about 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add chicken broth, lemon rind, nutmeg and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Ladle soup into 4 deep ovenproof bowls. Float bread on top; sprinkle with Swiss cheese and Parmesan (if using). Place under broiler until bubbly and lightly browned.