- Peel the outer layers from the lemongrass and discard. Finely slice the tender middle.
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the lemongrass, ginger, shallots, chillies and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the sugar and stock and heat to a simmer and simmer for 2 minutes, then add the bok choy and cook for 2-3 minutes stir through 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining soy sauce, honey and lime juice.
- Heat a frying pan to medium and add the remaining oil. Add the salmon, skin down and sear for 3 minutes then turn over. At this point you can peel off the skin and cook it beside the fish until very crispy. Continue cooking the salmon for about 3 minutes for rare or a little longer to cook through then remove to a warm plate. Add the soy honey mix to the pan and let bubble to thicken then brush this over the salmon.
- Divide the shiitake and bok choy between 4 heated plates or bowls and top with the salmon and the fresh herbs.
- Serve with rice or noodles if liked and extra limes or lemons to squeeze over.
To serve, lemon or lime wedges, rice or noodles.