Most food poisoning visits to the hospital happen in the summer due to bad BBQ'n try these tips to keep your guests safe.
- Always remember to wash your hands, and wash again, particularly if handling raw meats
- Marinate food in the fridge, not the pantry to control the temperature
- Keep raw food separate. Never put cooked meat back onto the same dish you used for marinating. Always use a clean serving dish or plate after cooking.
- Have TWO pairs of BBQ tongs, one for uncooked meat and a another pair for cooked meat to avoid cross-contamination
- Cook food thoroughly – you don’t want your guests to leave with anything other than happy memories!