Creamed Small White Button Mushroom Soup w/ truffle foam & bacon twist
Portabello Mushroom Burger, smoked havarti, pickled slaw & chipotle mayonnaise
Portabello, White Button Mushroom & Venison Ragu w/ Spinach & Parmesan Polenta
- 250ml mushroom stock
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 white onion, diced
- 600g white button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 50 ml cream
- Italian parsley
- Sea Salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Streaky bacon
- 100ml milk
- 5ml truffle oil
- 1g powdered Agar Agar
- Make up mushroom stock with 250ml water – put aside.
- Heat olive oil and add chopped mushrooms, stir for a minute quickly, add onion, garlic, picked thyme and season.
- Add mushroom stock, cook for around 15 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Blend soup in batches, once blended add cream & chopped parsley to finish.
- Twist lengths on streaky bacon, place on papered tray in hot oven till crispy.
- Bring milk to the boil, add truffle oil.
- Add powdered Agar Agar, off heat. Sieve and cool.
- Whisk on high speed till aerated.