Warm Mushroom, Spinach & Bacon Salad
Al Brown's BBQ'd Fillet of Beef with Mushroom Brandy Sauce
Tasty Mushrooms on Toast
- 250gm Swiss Brown or White Button Meadow Mushrooms
- 130gm pack baby spinach
- 175 x streaky bacon (cut into strips)
- 1 x avocado (peeled & sliced)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 15ml snipped fresh chives or chopped spring onions
- 3 x small tomatoes (quartered)
- Blue cheese dressing
- Wash spinach in cold water and drain.
- Heat oil in a fry pan and sauté the mushrooms and bacon until golden.
- Arrange the spinach leaves and avocado in a large salad bowl and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Top with warm mushrooms, bacon and tomatoes.
- Use scissors to snip chives on top (or chopped spring onions) and season with salt & pepper.
- Serve with Blue Cheese Dressing.